Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: HMI light....what brand Alex

  1. #1
    Inactive Member jocko's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2001
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Frezzi's cost about..$2500-3000(new) for a kit
    18W and 24W...Anton Bauer makes a little HMI camera light for around.$750.00..both are battery operated..or can be run off a power supply...good luck with your production...when you make the jump to 16mm..check out renting a Aaton A-minima..not much bigger than a super-8 or DV camera..I have one rented for a shoot next week in maryland..of course I'm not the DP so I won't get to play with it..

    Neil
    JOCKO FILMS

    ------------------

  2. #2
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jocko:
    Frezzi's cost about..$2500-3000(new) for a kit
    18W and 24W...Anton Bauer makes a little HMI camera light for around.$750.00..both are battery operated..or can be run off a power supply...good luck with your production...when you make the jump to 16mm..check out renting a Aaton A-minima..not much bigger than a super-8 or DV camera..I have one rented for a shoot next week in maryland..of course I'm not the DP so I won't get to play with it..

    Neil
    JOCKO FILMS
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    The frezzi I have works off of 12 volts and sells for between $800-$1,000.

    Then there are accessories that can ding you for a bit more...and a spare bulb is at least another hundred.

    The good news about the bulbs, they are virtually indestructible, my light has been knocked over from a height of 8 feet while on..that was a over a year ago, still have the same bulb in the light, it works.

    -Alex

    ------------------

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Scott Nocella's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 3rd, 2001
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I went to NAB 98 and remember seeing a small HMI light that was on camera....had a nice way of filling things up outside, and it could be switched to tungsten for inside work. I think it was Cool lux......It was a nice piece and that was 1998....although not that not that long ago...technology changes very quickly.

    Peace and Light,

    Scott

    Thanks for sharing that....it jarred my memory!!!

    ------------------

  4. #4
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post


    I just used mine this morning, it's staring right at me.

    Frezzi energy systems.

    Frezzi Mini-fill or
    Mini-Arc.....

    Frezzolini Electronics Inc.
    Hawthorne, NJ. O7506 (201) 427-1160

    Their kind of pricey...around a grand!

    I got another one off e-bay used for a quarter that amount.

    The light can be harsh, but they do sell a diffusion frost glass.

    It may be more trouble than its worth for this trip.

    And it does need a good power source.

    Hope that helped.

    -Alex





    ------------------

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •